Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cabinetmakers use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products. They are employed by furniture manufacturing or repair companies, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
cabinetmaker, cabinetmaker apprentice, custom wood furniture maker, furniture cabinetmaker.
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- May estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
Jobs for Cabinetmakers in Côte-Nord Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Côte-Nord Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: