Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machining tool operators set up and operate or tend metal-cutting machines designed for repetitive machining work. They are employed by metal products and other manufacturing companies and in machine shops. This unit group also includes workers who etch or chemically mill metal pieces.
CNC machining tool operator, aircraft parts etcher, boring mill operator – metal machining, lathe machining operator, machining tool operator, milling machine set-up operator, production gear cutter, production grinder operator – metal machining, radial drill operator – metal machining.
- Study job orders and interpret blueprints to determine machining operations to be performed
- Set up and operate machine tools to perform repetitive machining operations, such as turning, milling, drilling, boring, planing, honing, broaching, grinding or other machining operations
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, callipers and other precision measuring instruments
- Prepare etching solution and immerse metal parts or workpiece in etching solution to remove unwanted portions
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- May enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Machining Tool Operators in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Toronto Region||14.00||20.61||28.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: