Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Inspectors and testers in this unit group inspect and grade hides, pelts and leather, or garments and other manufactured fabric, fur and leather products. They are employed by leather tanning and fur dressing establishments or by garment, fur and leather products manufacturers.
clothing inspector, cushion and cover inspector, fur grader, garment inspector, hide grader, leather goods inspector, pelt grader, seconds inspector-grader, shirt inspector.
- Inspect and grade animal hides, pelts or leather according to size, condition and weight
- Inspect garments and similar products for defects, such as seam splits, puckers, missing buttons and colour and shape variations
- Verify fit or size by placing garment over a form or by measuring products
- Trim excess material and loose threads using scissors
- Remove lint using a brush or lint remover and remove spots using cleaning solution
- Repair minor defects using a needle and thread
- Record information on the number and nature of defects
- Grade and sort finished products and tag according to size, style and quality.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Inspectors and Testers, Fabric, Fur and Leather Products Manufacturing in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: