Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Papermaking and finishing machine operators operate process machinery and equipment and assist papermaking and coating control operators to produce, coat and finish paper. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
assistant coating operator – pulp and paper, balerman/woman – pulp and paper, calender operator – pulp and paper, embossing calender operator – pulp and paper, fourth hand – pulp and paper, graderman/woman – pulp and paper, sheeter operator – pulp and paper, winderman/woman – pulp and paper.
- Operate and monitor various papermaking and finishing process machinery and equipment to dry, calender, laminate, coat, slit, trim, wind or carry out other papermaking and finishing process steps
- Mount, position and thread paper rolls using a hoist
- Control process machinery using a distributed control system and process computers
- Observe equipment and machinery, panel indicators, gauges, level indicators and other equipment instruments to detect machinery and equipment malfunctions and ensure process steps are carried out according to specifications
- Communicate with and assist papermaking and coating control operators to make process adjustments and to start up or shut down process machines as required
- Inspect paper visually for wrinkles, holes, discolouration, streaks or other defects and take corrective action
- Maintain and complete production reports.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Papermaking and Finishing Machine Operators in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: