Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Nursery and greenhouse workers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and serve nursery and greenhouse customers. They are employed in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses.
forest nursery worker, greenhouse worker, horticulture worker, hothouse worker, hydroponics worker, nursery worker.
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Spray trees, shrubs, flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for sale
- Provide information to customers on gardening and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working area.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Nursery and Greenhouse Workers in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Toronto Region||10.25||12.00||19.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: