Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Commercial divers perform underwater activities related to construction, inspection, search, salvage, repair and photography. They are employed by commercial diving contractors, shipping and marine construction companies, and oil and gas companies with offshore operations.
commercial diver, diver, offshore diver, skin diver, commercial, underwater contractor, underwater welder, underwater worker.
- Perform offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction duties such as underwater surveys, nondestructive testing, blasting, construction, and repair and maintenance of drill rigs and platforms
- Operate underwater video, sonar, recording and related equipment for scientific or exploratory purposes
- Inspect vessels, buoyage systems, pipelines, sluice gates, plant intakes and outfalls and other materials, visually and by nondestructive testing
- Perform construction duties such as welding and installing pilings for cofferdams or footings for piers, and maintain these and drydocks, breakwaters, marine ways and bridge foundations using hand and power tools and pneumatic equipment
- Operate winches, derricks or cranes to manipulate cables and chains to raise sunken objects
- Set up and detonate explosives to remove obstructions and break up or refloat submerged objects
- Participate in underwater search and rescue, salvage, recovery and clean up operations
- Check and maintain diving equipment such as helmets, masks, air tanks, harnesses, gauges, air compressors, diving suits, underwater cutting torches and welding equipment
- May supervise and train other divers.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Commercial Divers in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||17.00||25.00||32.00||Note|
|Prince Edward Island||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
- Date Modified: