Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate activities of truck drivers, bus drivers, delivery drivers, subway and other transit operators, chauffeurs and taxi and limousine drivers. This unit group also includes bus dispatchers who co-ordinate the activities of transit system bus drivers and subway traffic controllers who operate and monitor signal and track switch control panels. They are employed by motor transportation and ground transit companies and by urban transit systems.
bus inspector, dispatcher, bus, foreman/woman, truck drivers, foreman/woman, urban transit system, mobile inspector, transit, subway traffic controller, supervisor, light rail transit (LRT) operators, supervisor, school bus drivers, supervisor, subway operators.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trucks, buses, subway trains, light rail transit, street cars, taxis and other transport vehicles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and may co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Dispatch bus drivers and monitor routes to ensure schedules are met and to resolve operating problems
- Monitor and operate signal and track switch control panel of subway systems
- Prepare work reports and budgets, and monitor expenditures.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Motor Transport and Other Ground Transit Operators in Toronto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Target Canada regional distribution centre in Milton has been completed by Cooper Construction Ltd. It will be the supply chain and logistics support hub for Target’s retail network.
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- Air Canada launches a recruitment campaign for 150 flight attendants for its new airline service based in Toronto
Week of Dec 17 – Dec 21, 2012
- GO Transit opened a new bus services facility in Oshawa. The facility costs $52M and will accommodate 185 staff.
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The first phase of Brampton’s Bus Rapid Transit project, Zum, is complete. The $159M project included the construction of three Zum bus lines, upgrades to transit terminals and new transit vehicles.
- Date Modified: