Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sheriffs execute and enforce court orders, warrants and writs, participate in seizure and sale of property and perform courtroom and other related duties. Bailiffs serve legal orders and documents, seize or repossess properties, evict tenants and perform other related activities. Sheriffs and bailiffs are employed by provincial or territorial courts, and bailiffs may be employed as officers of the court or in private service as agents for creditors.
- Serve statements of claims, summonses, warrants, jury summonses, orders to pay alimony, and other court orders
- Serve writs of execution by seizing and selling property and distributing the proceeds according to court decisions
- Locate property and make seizures and removals under various acts of Parliament
- Provide courthouse security for judges and perimeter security for the courthouse
- Escort prisoners to and from courts and correctional institutions
- Prepare comprehensive reports and affidavits and maintain records
- Attend court, escort witnesses and assist in maintaining order
- Provide security support for sequestered juries
- Issue warrants for imprisonment, arrest or apprehension.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Sheriffs and Bailiffs in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Toronto Region||14.00||20.58||32.15||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: