Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes various types of chefs who plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities and who prepare and cook meals and specialty foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, clubs and similar establishments, and on ships.
chef, chef de cuisine, chef de partie, corporate chef, executive chef, executive sous-chef, head chef, master chef, pastry chef, saucier, sous-chef, specialist chef.
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants in an establishment, restaurant chains, hospitals or other establishments with food services
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and hire staff
- May prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
- May prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Create new recipes
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- May plan menus
- May requisition food and kitchen supplies.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Jobs for Chefs in Toronto Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 33 job postings in Toronto Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-06-18||Pastry chef||1679706 Ont Inc O/A: Hoodo McFiggins Restaurant||
|2013-06-17||Working sous-chef (work on line lunch and dinner weekends)||Nice Bistro||
|2013-06-17||Chef (Chef For Dinner Service Mississauga)||2104992 Ontario Inc||
|2013-06-14||Specialist chef (Indian Cuisine)||The Host||
|2013-06-14||Chef de partie (For a progressive caterer)||1054204 Ontario Inc O/A Food For Tots||
|2013-06-14||Working sous-chef (For a progressive caterer)||1054204 Ontario Inc O/A Food For Tots||
|2013-06-14||Sous-chef (Nota Bene Restaurant)||NOTA BENE RESTAURANT||
|2013-06-14||Pastry chef (Cake decorating)||Pandoro Italian Bakery||
|2013-06-13||Sous-chef||1875201 Ontario Inc.||
|2013-06-12||Executive chef (Specialty Foods (Italian))||Capocaccia||
|2013-06-12||Pastry chef||Novita Bakery||
|2013-06-12||Executive chef||ARAMARK Canada||
|2013-06-11||Specialist chef (Japanese Teppan Chef)||Inter Brains Canada Ltd.||
|2013-06-10||Pastry chef||Porto Novo Grill & Bar Inc.||
|2013-06-07||Chef de cuisine (Portuguese Cuisine)||Mario's BBQ||
|2013-06-07||Sous-chef||Express Employment Professionals||
|2013-06-05||Chef (for Hakka Chinese Cuisine Restaurant)||2217920 Ontario Inc. o/a Federick Restaurant||
|2013-06-05||Chef de partie||Kings Hospitality Inc. O/A Boston Pizza Restaurant||
|2013-06-04||Chef (Short Order Cook)||The Rainbow Restaurant||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: