Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes various types of chefs who plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities and who prepare and cook meals and specialty foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, clubs and similar establishments, and on ships.
chef, chef de cuisine, chef de partie, corporate chef, executive chef, executive sous-chef, head chef, master chef, pastry chef, saucier, sous-chef, specialist chef.
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants in an establishment, restaurant chains, hospitals or other establishments with food services
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and may estimate food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and hire staff
- May prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
- May prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Create new recipes
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- May plan menus
- May requisition food and kitchen supplies.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Jobs for Chefs in Toronto Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 34 job postings in Toronto Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-24||Chef de partie||1740233 Ontario Inc. o/a Dennys||
|2013-05-24||Sous-chef (Tuscan Cuisine)||Tutti Matti Corp||
|2013-05-24||executive sous-chef||EAGLE RIDGE GOLF CLUBCLUBLINK CORPORATION(421073)||
|2013-05-23||Executive chef (Chef for Italian Restaurant)||IlCavallino Ristorante||
|2013-05-23||Sous-chef (Kitchen - Sous Chef)||733917 Ontario Inc. OP. The Country Kitchen Catering||
|2013-05-23||Chef de partie||1761783 Ontario Inc O/A Dennys Oakville Restaurant||
|2013-05-23||Sous-chef||Oliver & Bonacini Management||
|2013-05-21||Chef (Mediterranean Chef)||2336630 Ontario Ltd. o/a Panorama Mediterranean Cuisine||
|2013-05-21||Sous-chef (Nota Bene Restaurant)||NOTA BENE RESTAURANT||
|2013-05-21||Chef (Sushi Chef)||Eunsung Foods Ltd. o/a Tomo Japanese Restaurant||
|2013-05-21||Head chef (Head Pastry Chef/Production Supervisor Cake Shop)||Rashmi's Bakery||
|2013-05-17||Pastry chef (Pastry Chef)||TWI Foods Inc.||
|2013-05-16||Chef (Sushi Chef)||Gonoe Sushi Japanese Restaurant||
|2013-05-16||Chef (Mexican cuisine)||Mexican Amigos Inc.||
|2013-05-14||Assistant chef (Thai Cuisine)||Sorn Thai Restaurant Ltd||
|2013-05-14||Specialist chef (Speciality Chef)||Zeera Indian Cuisine Ltd.||
|2013-05-14||Banquet chef||ROYAL CELEBRATIONS BANQUET HALL INC.||
|2013-05-14||Executive sous-chef||Monte Carlo Inns||
|2013-05-13||Pastry chef||Novita Bakery||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: