Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who perform support duties related to broadcasting and to the production of motion pictures and the performing arts. They are employed by television and radio stations and networks, recording studios, motion picture and video production companies and by theatre and stage companies. This unit group also includes projectionists employed by IMAX or automated cinemas and drive-in theatres.
boom grip, camera crane operator, dresser, grip, lighting assistant, projectionist, prompter, props person, script assistant, set builder, set dresser, special effects assistant, spotlight operator.
- Camera crane operators set up, assemble, adjust, maintain and replace reels and projector equipment; detect and repair mechanical and electrical problems; and change and install an electronic control panel using automated equipment.
- Motion picture projectionists check the condition of the copy; set up and load film reels on movie and drive-in theatre projection systems, adjust focus, sound levels and other projector and theatre settings, and maintain projection equipment.
- Props persons and set builders assemble, repair, place, build and oversee props.
- Script assistants distribute scripts to actors, keep detailed notes of all actions, positions and camera angles and photograph and date scenes.
- Grips and riggers rig, place, move and dismantle sets, backdrops, scenery and other stage equipment.
- Dressers clean, maintain, transport and store costumes, and assist performers to dress in costumes.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Jobs for Support Occupations in Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and the Performing Arts in Toronto Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 1 job postings in Toronto Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-10-29||Production assistant||Classical Ticketing and Production Inc.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: