Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Library, archive and records management technicians and assistants assist users in accessing library or archive resources, participate in records management, assist in describing new acquisitions, participate in archive processing and storage, and conduct reference searches. They are employed by libraries, archives, records management branches and other establishments with library or archive services.
archive assistant, archive technician, circulation assistant, library assistant, library technician, reference aide, technical indexer – library.
- Assist library users in accessing books, films, photographs, maps, documents, electronic materials and other library materials
- Catalogue new library acquisitions under the direction of a librarian
- Issue for circulation library books and other materials
- Perform manual and on-line reference searches and make interlibrary loans for users
- Assist librarians in giving tours and providing children's and other specialized library programs
- Enter the checkout and return of books and other library materials if necessary.
- Assist in developing inventories, forms and finding aids
- Implement and update classification plans and records scheduling and disposal plans
- Codify and classify archival materials
- Put archival materials on microfilm
- Transfer materials from current to semicurrent status or put into permanent storage
- Purge, sort, reduce and sample archives
- Apply standards and policies for storage of archival materials
- Research and retrieve archival materials
- Participate in instructing and assisting users
- Ensure the use of computerized document systems.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Library and Archive Technicians and Assistants in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: