Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes producers, directors, choreographers and others who oversee and control the technical and artistic aspects of film, television, radio, dance and theatre productions. They are employed by film production companies, radio and television stations, broadcast departments, advertising companies, sound recording studios, record production companies and dance companies. They may also be self-employed.
artistic director – motion picture, choreographer, cyber-choreographer, director – motion picture, director of photography, film editor, filmmaker, multimedia audio producer, producer – performing arts, producer-director, radio producer, record producer, stage director – performing arts, technical director – broadcasting, television producer.
- Film, radio and television producers plan, organize and control the various stages and scheduling involved in the production of presentations, motion pictures, television shows and radio programs; engage directors and other production personnel and supervise all technical personnel, and determine the treatment, scope and scheduling of production; maintain production archives and negotiate royalties.
- Directors interpret scripts and direct the mise-en-scène; select and direct the actors, extras and technical crew; advise the cast and crew on the interpretation and delivery of the performance; direct rehearsals, filmings, broadcasts and performances; and confer with crew and specialists throughout production and post-production to achieve desired presentation.
- Choreographers create dances for film, theatre and television performances that convey stories, ideas and moods, and direct rehearsals for dancers to achieve desired interpretation.
- Art directors plan, organize and direct the artistic aspects of motion pictures, stage productions and television shows by overseeing the design of sets, costumes, furnishings and props to create portrayals of period and setting.
- Film editors edit motion picture film and arrange film segments into sequences to achieve continuity and desired dramatic, comedic and thematic effects.
- Record producers plan and co-ordinate the production of musical recordings, direct musicians and singers during rehearsals and recordings and manage technicians involved in duplicating, dubbing and mastering of recordings.
- Directors of photography co-ordinate and direct the photography of motion pictures, supervise camera operators and other crews and determine lighting, lenses, camera angles, backgrounds and other elements to achieve desired visual effect.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Jobs for Producers, Directors, Choreographers and Related Occupations in Toronto Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 5 job postings in Toronto Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-06-14||Television director-producer (Creative Consultant)||TEMPLE STREET PRODUCTIONS INC.||
|2013-06-03||Assistant director (for Gymnastics School)||Gymalaya Newmarket -- 2177870 Ontario Inc||
|2013-05-31||Art director - motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts||Arc Productions Ltd.||
|2013-05-31||Artistic director - motion picture (Animation Director)||Arc Productions Ltd.||
|2013-05-31||Director of photography||Arc Productions Ltd.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: