Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Psychologists assess and diagnose behavioural, emotional and cognitive disorders, counsel clients, provide therapy and research and apply theory relating to behaviour and mental processes. Psychologists help clients work toward the maintenance and enhancement of physical, intellectual, emotional, social and interpersonal functioning. Psychologists work in private practice or in institutions such as clinics, correctional facilities, hospitals, mental health facilities, rehabilitation centres, community service organizations, businesses, schools and universities, and government and private research agencies.
clinical psychologist, experimental psychologist, psychological associate, psychologist, research psychologist.
- Examine and assess behaviour, diagnose behavioural, emotional and cognitive disorders, counsel clients and provide therapy
- Help clients manage physical illness and disorders
- Counsel individuals and groups to achieve more effective personal, social and vocational development and adjustment and offer mediation services
- Use standard psychological tests for assessment
- Plan intervention programs and conduct program evaluation
- Apply psychological theory and principles regarding behaviour and mental processes such as learning, memory, perception and language development
- Formulate hypotheses and experimental designs, review literature, conduct studies and publish research papers, educational texts and articles
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
- Provide consultation services to government and other organizations.
Psychologists may specialize in applied psychology or experimental research. Sub-specialties include behavioural psychology, child psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, educational and school psychology, industrial psychology, neuropsychology, social psychology or sports psychology.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Psychologists in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Toronto Region||18.00||28.26||50.71||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: