Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.
college teaching assistant, graduate assistant – university, postdoctoral fellow, research assistant, university.
- Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
- Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
- Assist in preparation and administration of examinations
- Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professor in analysis of results and preparation of journal articles or papers.
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants specialize in a subject matter based on their field of study.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Toronto Region||10.25||19.25||38.95||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: