Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cardiology technologists operate electrocardiogram and other electronic equipment to record cardiac activity of patients to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. They are employed in hospitals and clinics. Cardiology technologists who are supervisors or instructors are included in this unit group.
cardiac stress technologist, cardiology supervisor, cardiology technologist, electrocardiographic (ECG) technologist, electrocardiography technologist.
- Operate electrocardiogram and other electronic equipment to record cardiac activity of patients
- Perform cardiovascular procedures and tests, such as electrocardiograms, exercise tolerance tests, ambulatory monitoring and scanning of tapes, pacemaker analysis and follow-up, and echocardiogram
- Record and assess cardiac activity and provide preliminary reports of tests
- Provide patients with care during procedures and tests
- Prepare reports for interpretation by cardiologists
- Reprogram pacemakers according to required standards
- Check cardiology equipment to ensure proper operation
- May analyze test and notify physician or other health care professionals
- May administer certain drugs under direct supervision of physician
- May document and record pacemaker implant threshold measurements under direct supervision of cardiac surgeon
- May supervise and train students, other cardiology technologists and nurses.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Jobs for Cardiology Technologists in Toronto Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 5 job postings in Toronto Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-04-10||cardiology technologist||TRILLIUM HEALTH PARTNERS||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: