Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Systems testing technicians execute test plans to evaluate the performance of software applications and information and telecommunications systems. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
application tester, application testing technician, software test co-ordinator, software tester, systems tester, systems testing technician, user acceptance tester.
- Develop and document software testing plans
- Install software and hardware and configure operating system software in preparation for testing
- Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests
- Develop and implement software and information system testing policies, procedures and scripts.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Outlook & Prospects for Systems Testing Technicians in Toronto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Canadian Jewish News will stop publishing in June affecting 50 employees in Toronto and Montreal
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Hudson's Bay Company will open an outlet store at the Premium Outlet mall in Halton Hills this summer
- The Scarborough Hospital eliminated 98 positions as part of a cost-savings plan. The Hospital expects to cut additional positions to help meet budget targets.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Nordstrom Inc. announced that it will open a second location in Toronto in the fall of 2016 at the Yorkdale Shopping Centre. The Centre will also undergo a $331M expansion starting in January 2014.
- Construction will start on the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit tunnel in Toronto in May. The transit line will be 19km long and is expected to be in service by 2020.
- Colibri Technologies Inc. will receive up to $900,000 through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario for product development. The company expects to create as many as 17 full-time jobs in Toronto with an additional 130 jobs by 2016.
- ThoughtWire, a Toronto-based software company, will receive up to $955,000 through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario for product development. The company is expected to create 29 new jobs.
- Sentient Magnetics Inc. received funding through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario for product development, creating up to 19 full-time positions in Schomberg, with an additional six jobs by 2017
- Canadian National Railways will convert an existing warehouse in Brampton to an office building. The project is expected to cost $8.3M and the new facility will accommodate up to 300 staff.
- The Retail Council of Canada, in partnership with the City of Toronto, will host the Retail Job Fair on April 30, 2013 at the Toronto Reference Library
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Maple Reinders Engineering and Construction Ltd. of Mississauga will start construction on a new wastewater treatment plant in Clarington in early spring. The project is expected to cost $28.8M and will take approximately two years to complete.
- The Coca-Cola Company opened its new Canadian headquarters in downtown Toronto. The facility will be able to accommodate 400 employees.
- Date Modified: