Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in mechanical engineering fields such as the design, development, maintenance and testing of machines, components, tools, heating and ventilating systems, power generation and power conversion plants, manufacturing plants and equipment. They are employed by consulting engineering, manufacturing and processing companies, institutions and government departments.
HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) technologist, aeronautical technologist, heating designer, machine designer, marine engineering technologist, mechanical engineering technician, mechanical engineering technologist, mechanical technologist, mould designer, thermal station technician, tool and die designer, tool designer.
- Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings, and specifications for machines and components, power transmission systems, process piping, heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Conduct tests and analyses of machines, components and materials to determine their performance, strength, response to stress and other characteristics
- Design moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Inspect mechanical installations and construction
- Prepare contract and tender documents
- Supervise, monitor and inspect mechanical installations and construction projects
- Prepare standards and schedules and supervise mechanical maintenance programs or operations of mechanical plants.
- Assist in preparing conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings and specifications
- Carry out a limited range of mechanical tests and analyses of machines, components and materials
- Assist in the design of moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Assist in inspection of mechanical installations and construction projects
- Participate in the installation, repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Jobs for Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians in Toronto Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 28 job postings in Toronto Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-12-06||Robotics technician (Robotic MIG Welding Programmer)||Matcor / MATSU.||
|2013-12-05||Mechanical technologist (Maintenance Technician)||CORE Services Inc.||
|2013-12-05||Robotics servicing technician (Robotic Weld Technician)||Job Connection Inc.||
|2013-12-04||HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) technologist (ENTRY LEVEL AIR BALANCING HELPER)||ACE COMMERCIAL AIR TEST & BALANCING LTD.||
|2013-12-04||Mechanical engineering equipment designer (CAD drafter,expert SolidWorks,welding autom. systs)||European Staffing Inc.||
|2013-12-02||Robotics technician (Robotic Programmer)||Halliwell Consulting||
|2013-12-02||Robotics technician (Robotics Weld Technician)||Halliwell Consulting||
|2013-11-29||Mechanical technologist (C.E.T.)||Ancam Solutions Company Ltd.||
|2013-11-29||Designer, mechanical engineering equipment (Senior Machine Designer)||Pack-Smart Inc.||
|2013-11-29||Designer, mechanical engineering equipment (Project Manager)||Pack-Smart Inc.||
|2013-11-29||robotics technician||HCR Permanent Search||
|2013-11-28||Robotics technician (Robot Weld Technician)||Trans-United Consultants Ltd.||
|2013-11-28||Automation technologist||Trans-United Consultants Ltd.||
|2013-11-27||Designer, mechanical engineering equipment||Active Exhaust||
|2013-11-25||HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) technologist||Brown's Home Heating and A/C||
|2013-11-22||Aerospace engineering technician (Product Planner-Process Engineer)||Northstar Aerospace Canada||
|2013-11-22||Automation technologist (Building Automation Technician)||Aris Building Technologies||
|2013-11-22||service technician||York Works||
|2013-11-21||Mechanical engineering technician||Poss Design Limited||
|2013-11-18||Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) technologist (PRODUCT DESIGN TECHNOLOGIST - HVAC)||TEMSPEC INC.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: