Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Accounting and related clerks calculate, prepare and process bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, budgets and other financial records according to established procedures. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
accounting clerk, accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, audit clerk, billing clerk, budget clerk, costing clerk, deposit clerk, finance clerk, freight-rate clerk, income tax return preparer, invoice clerk, ledger clerk, tax clerk.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements in a ledger or computer system
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets
- Prepare period or cost statements or reports
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Wages for Accounting and Related Clerks in Toronto Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||12.00||19.23||26.67|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||12.02||19.23||28.85|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||12.02||19.23||28.85|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: