Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Securities agents and investment dealers buy and sell stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, banks, trust companies, insurance firms and other establishments. Brokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers. They are employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges and other establishments in the securities industry.
agent, securities, bond dealer, broker, commodity broker, discount broker, floor trader – commodity exchange, foreign exchange trader, investment dealer, mutual fund broker, mutual fund sales representative, registered investment representative, securities sales agent, securities trader, stockbroker, supervisor, registered representatives.
- Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
- Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
- Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
- Monitor clients' investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
- Buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers
- Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms, pension fund managers and financial analysts
- Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets
- Prepare reviews of portfolios' positions.
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Oshawa, Vaughan, Ajax, Aurora, Beaverton, Bowmanville, Caledon, Cannington, East Gwillimbury, Halton Hills, King City, Markham, Milton, Newmarket, Oakville, Pickering, Port Perry, Richmond Hill, Whitby, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Acton, Algonquin Island, Bolton, Briars Park, Brooklin, Caledon East, Centre Island, Delrex, Dorset Park, Franklin Beach, Gaud Corners, Georgetown, Glen Williams, Jacksons Point, Marywood Meadows, Mono Road, Mossington Park, Newcastle, Nobleton, Norval, Orono, Port Darlington, Stouffville, Sutton, Toronto Islands, Uxbridge, Ward's Island, Wildwood, Wilmot Creek
Outlook & Prospects for Securities Agents, Investment Dealers and Brokers in Toronto Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Wells Fargo & Company opened a new branch in Toronto as it expands its wholesale banking services in Canada
Week of Sep 10 – Sep 14, 2012
- In the three months ending July 31, major Canadian banks have hired new financial workers in Toronto and continue to expand
- Date Modified: