Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
blast furnace operator, central control caster, central control room operator, chief flotation operator, console operator – cement manufacturing, pelletizing control operator, roaster operator, rolling mill control operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- FedDev Ontario has invested $1.85M in four Ottawa area software companies. 360pi Corporation, SWIX Inc., Therapeutic Monitoring Systems and Capital Angel Network, are expected to create up to 44 jobs initially, with an additional 67 jobs by 2016.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Fusebill, an Ottawa-based automated billing firm, raised $2M in investments to increase the sales and marketing aspects of its business. The company plans to expand its workforce by the end of the year.
- Eleven Points Logistics, the company responsible for operating the new Target distribution centre in Cornwall, will hold a job fair on April 26 to fill hundreds of positions with expected start dates of June 1st, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- H&M, a clothing retailer, will open a new 22,000 sq.-ft. store in the Bayshore Shopping Centre in Ottawa in the fall
- DragonWave, an Ottawa based technology company, will eliminate one-third of its senior management positions as well as restructure a deal with Nokia Siemens Networks to cut operating costs
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Ottawa tech firm Exocortex Technologies Inc., which specializes in 3D animation technology, plans on hiring five new positions this year and an additional five in 2014
- Sensplex East, a $26M four-pad ice surface complex in Ottawa, is set to begin construction this spring with an expected completion date of September 2014
- Date Modified: