Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in processing fibre into yarn or thread; weaving, knitting or fabricating textile products; bleaching, dyeing and finishing textile products; and inspecting textile products. They are employed by textile companies.
dye room supervisor, finishing supervisor – textiles, foreman/woman – textile processing, spinning supervisor – textiles, supervisor, knitting, tufting supervisor – textiles, weave room supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of production workers who operate machines to process fibre, yarn, thread and textiles; and bleach, dye, finish or inspect textiles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Textile Processing in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- FedDev Ontario has invested $1.85M in four Ottawa area software companies. 360pi Corporation, SWIX Inc., Therapeutic Monitoring Systems and Capital Angel Network, are expected to create up to 44 jobs initially, with an additional 67 jobs by 2016.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Fusebill, an Ottawa-based automated billing firm, raised $2M in investments to increase the sales and marketing aspects of its business. The company plans to expand its workforce by the end of the year.
- Eleven Points Logistics, the company responsible for operating the new Target distribution centre in Cornwall, will hold a job fair on April 26 to fill hundreds of positions with expected start dates of June 1st, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- H&M, a clothing retailer, will open a new 22,000 sq.-ft. store in the Bayshore Shopping Centre in Ottawa in the fall
- DragonWave, an Ottawa based technology company, will eliminate one-third of its senior management positions as well as restructure a deal with Nokia Siemens Networks to cut operating costs
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Ottawa tech firm Exocortex Technologies Inc., which specializes in 3D animation technology, plans on hiring five new positions this year and an additional five in 2014
- Sensplex East, a $26M four-pad ice surface complex in Ottawa, is set to begin construction this spring with an expected completion date of September 2014
- Date Modified: