Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair and service a wide variety of products, such as cameras, scales, musical instruments, coin machines, vending machines, sporting goods and other miscellaneous products and equipment. They are employed by product specialty repair shops and service establishments.
bicycle repairer, camera repairer, meter repairer, piano repairer, scale repairer, sewing machine servicer – domestic, sporting goods repairer, vending machine repairer.
- Inspect products to determine the requirement for repair
- Repair or replace defective or worn out parts and components using hand, power or specially designed tools
- Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning
- Perform routine maintenance
- May calibrate products using hand tools.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Other Repairers and Servicers in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Magmic Games has announced a $4M fund for software/game developers to help the company fill its orders
- Hart Laundry in Perth is facing layoffs after having their contract with the Perth and Smith Falls District Hospital terminated early
- The Employment and Education Centre in Brockville will be holding a job fair for early childhood educators on June 25th
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Rideau Transit Group has started work on the $226M project to widen the Queensway in Ottawa. The project is expected to create more than 2,000 jobs and be completed by the summer of 2015.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The new Tanger Outlet Ottawa mall is under construction in Kanata. The mall is expected to employ about 700 during the construction and 1,000 workers when completed in 2014.
- The Gananoque Police Service are looking to hire four teens between the ages of 15 and 18 as summer ambassadors to tourists and local businesses
- The Ottawa International Game Conference will be holding a gaming industry job fair May 30th, at the Ottawa Convention Centre
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Panacis Inc, an Ottawa-based battery developer, will receive up to $613,457 from FedDev Ontario, in addition to private investment of up to $1.2M in order to help commercialize a new battery system, creating up to 15 full-time jobs
- Claridge Homes received approval to build a 45-storey condo building in Ottawa, to be located at Preston and Norfolk Avenues
- Granite Networks, an Ottawa-based data centre firm, has raised $2M in funding to be used to grow the company's client base and hire more sales staff in the near future
- The Museum of Civilization in Ottawa laid off 14 staff due to a budget shortfall. The layoffs affected various departments, however no researchers or curators were lost.
- The City of Ottawa will be closing the Fisher Heights child care centre as of August 2013. Declining attendance and the proliferation of full day kindergarten programs contributed to the decision.
- Date Modified: