Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Hairstylists and barbers cut and style hair and perform related services. They are employed in hairstyling or hairdressing salons, barber shops, vocational schools, health care establishments and theatre, film and television establishments.
barber, barber apprentice, hair colour technician, hairdresser, hairdresser apprentice, hairstylist, hairstylist apprentice, wig stylist.
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Apply hair extensions
- May shampoo and rinse hair
- May perform receptionist duties and order supplies
- May judge in competitions
- May train or supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers.
- Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
- Shave and trim beards and moustaches
- May shampoo hair and provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and may also provide scalp conditioning massages
- May book appointments and order supplies
- May train and supervise other barbers and barber apprentices.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Wages for Hairstylists and Barbers in Ottawa Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Ottawa Region||10.25||14.00||26.56||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: