Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Audio and video recording technicians operate equipment to record, mix and edit sound, music and videotape, for motion pictures, television and radio programs, videos, recordings and live events. They are employed by film, video and concert production companies, sound recording firms, theatre and dance companies, clubs, bands, multimedia companies, radio stations, television networks and video production and editing companies.
audiovisual (AV) technician, multimedia sound technician, postproduction technician, radio technician, recording engineer, recording studio technician, sound effects editor, sound engineer, sound mixer, sound technician, video and sound recorder, video recording technician.
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input or feed of pre-recorded material from tapes, records, compact discs, digital audio devices, and input from live microphones, satellites or microwave trucks for films, videos, radio and television programs and recordings
- Prepare and operate videotape recording and playback equipment to record videos, television programs, concerts and live events, and to edit video tape after production
- Operate electronic equipment to generate program titles, credits, sub-titles, graphic backgrounds or animation for television programs
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment to mix, combine and edit music and sound at concerts and live events
- Operate dubbing machines to play back edited dialogue, music and sound effect tracks from different sources, in synchronization with motion picture film
- May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other audio and video recording technicians.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Audio and Video Recording Technicians in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The Museum of Civilization in Ottawa laid off 14 staff due to a budget shortfall. The layoffs affected various departments, however no researchers or curators were lost.
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Empire Theatres has announced the closure of its Rideau Centre location in Ottawa on March 21, and is planning a new theatre at Lansdowne Park sometime in 2014
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Bell Media laid off staff at CTV Ottawa and radio stations BOB-FM and Majic 100
- Date Modified: