Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who conduct bands and orchestras, compose musical works and arrange instrumental and vocal compositions. They are employed by symphony and chamber orchestras, bands, choirs, sound recording companies, orchestras for ballet and opera performances or they may be self-employed.
arranger, bandmaster, choir director, composer, conductor, lyricist, music adapter, musical director, orchestrator, singer-songwriter-composer, songwriter.
- Conductors select and interpret musical works and lead bands, orchestras and choirs during rehearsals and performances.
- Composers create musical compositions such as television and film scores, theme music, songs, symphonies and music for interactive products such as video games.
- Arrangers adapt and modify musical compositions to convey desired themes and to suit particular instrumental and vocal performances.
Conductors, composers and arrangers usually specialize in a particular type of music such as classical, country, jazz or popular.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Conductors, Composers and Arrangers in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- FedDev Ontario has invested $1.85M in four Ottawa area software companies. 360pi Corporation, SWIX Inc., Therapeutic Monitoring Systems and Capital Angel Network, are expected to create up to 44 jobs initially, with an additional 67 jobs by 2016.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Fusebill, an Ottawa-based automated billing firm, raised $2M in investments to increase the sales and marketing aspects of its business. The company plans to expand its workforce by the end of the year.
- Eleven Points Logistics, the company responsible for operating the new Target distribution centre in Cornwall, will hold a job fair on April 26 to fill hundreds of positions with expected start dates of June 1st, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- H&M, a clothing retailer, will open a new 22,000 sq.-ft. store in the Bayshore Shopping Centre in Ottawa in the fall
- DragonWave, an Ottawa based technology company, will eliminate one-third of its senior management positions as well as restructure a deal with Nokia Siemens Networks to cut operating costs
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Ottawa tech firm Exocortex Technologies Inc., which specializes in 3D animation technology, plans on hiring five new positions this year and an additional five in 2014
- Sensplex East, a $26M four-pad ice surface complex in Ottawa, is set to begin construction this spring with an expected completion date of September 2014
- Date Modified: