Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who conduct bands and orchestras, compose musical works and arrange instrumental and vocal compositions. They are employed by symphony and chamber orchestras, bands, choirs, sound recording companies, orchestras for ballet and opera performances or they may be self-employed.
arranger, bandmaster, choir director, composer, conductor, lyricist, music adapter, musical director, orchestrator, singer-songwriter-composer, songwriter.
- Conductors select and interpret musical works and lead bands, orchestras and choirs during rehearsals and performances.
- Composers create musical compositions such as television and film scores, theme music, songs, symphonies and music for interactive products such as video games.
- Arrangers adapt and modify musical compositions to convey desired themes and to suit particular instrumental and vocal performances.
Conductors, composers and arrangers usually specialize in a particular type of music such as classical, country, jazz or popular.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Conductors, Composers and Arrangers in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Olymel, a processor and distributor of pork and poultry products, is looking to fill 40 production positions at its facility in Cornwall
- An Ultramar gas bar is expected to open in December in Prescott, creating 40 jobs. The location will feature a drive-through food service and two fast food restaurants.
- Springcress Properties plans to build a two-storey commercial condominium building on Prince of Wales Drive in Ottawa
- Construction is expected to start in May 2014 to replace the bridge over the Mississippi River on highway 511 in Lanark County. The $3.1M project is expected to be completed in October.
- Bass Pro Shops, a retailer of outdoor equipment and apparel, announced it will open a new store in Kanata in 2015. The location will include an Uncle Buck's Fishbowl and Grill restaurant and a bowling alley.
- Dundas Power Line Ltd., specializing in power line distribution maintenance based in Chesterville near Ottawa, expects to increase production and expand its workforce
- VENUS Cybersecurity Corporation, a non-profit organization aimed at addressing threats posed by cyberattacks, will open in Orleans, creating around 60 jobs once fully operational
- Primacy Family First Health Centre, located on Innes Road in Orleans, hired five new physicians
- The new Marriott Residence Inn Ottawa Airport has officially opened
- The $6.3M Ingredion Centre arena opened in Cardinal near Ottawa this week
- Atlas Block Co. Ltd., a manufacturer of concrete products based in Midland with locations in Brockville and Hillsdale has been placed into receivership, affecting nine of its 85 staff
- DICA Electronics Ltd., a manufacturer of printed circuit boards based in Carleton Place, plans to expand its workforce within the next year from 85 to over 100 employees
- Date Modified: