Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments, school boards, research institutes, professional associations and educational and other organizations throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
co-ordinator, special education, curriculum developer, curriculum planner, education consultant, education outreach program co-ordinator, education policy officer, education program co-ordinator, education program officer, education researcher, language assessor, supervisor, education policy.
- Conduct research, produce reports and administer education policies and programs
- Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements
- Develop the structure, content and objectives of new programs
- Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
- Provide ongoing professional development, training and consultative services to teachers and other professionals throughout the public and private sector
- Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and symposia
- May supervise the work of other education policy researchers, consultants or program officers
- May administer specialized testing and assessment programs.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Education Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The City of Ottawa will be closing the Fisher Heights child care centre as of August 2013. Declining attendance and the proliferation of full day kindergarten programs contributed to the decision.
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The Upper Canada District School Board in Eastern Ontario has hired extra staff to perform some of the additional work resulting from job action by teachers
- Date Modified: