Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Landscape architects conceptualize landscape designs, develop contract documents and oversee the construction of landscape development for commercial projects, office complexes, parks, golf courses and residential development. They are employed by government environmental and development agencies, landscape consulting firms and by architectural and engineering firms, or they are self-employed.
- Confer with clients to determine design needs
- Survey and assess designated sites and develop designs taking into consideration landscape features, buildings, climate, future usage and other aspects
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of detailed drawings for sites, including features such as trees, shrubs, gardens, lighting, walkways, patios, decks, benches, fences, retaining walls and fountains
- Prepare or oversee preparation of site plans, reports, sketches, models, photographs, maps, land use studies and design plans
- Estimate costs, prepare specifications and evaluate tenders for landscape construction projects
- Conduct environmental design studies, including environmental assessment, planning and the preservation and re-creation of historical sites
- Conduct community and neighbourhood physical planning studies, participate in multidisciplinary urban design studies and prepare design guidelines
- May manage and supervise landscape construction work.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Wages for Landscape Architects in Ottawa Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: