Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who provide services to management such as analyzing the operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements, or analyzing advertising needs and developing appropriate advertising plans. They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
ISO consultant, advertising account executive, business management consultant, business methods analyst, consultant, organizational analysis, management analyst, organizational analyst, promotion specialist, records management specialist, researcher, organization and methods, senior consultant, operations management.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
In Ottawa, the outlook for professional occupations in business services to management is expected to be good for the period 2012-2013. This region accounts for the second highest share of employment (14%) of these workers in Ontario. At the time of the 2006 census, there were close to 4,200 of these professionals in Ottawa's labour force. Most work opportunities in the region are within the professional, scientific and technical services and the public administration sectors. There is a much higher employment share in public administration in this region compared to Ontario, given the local prominence of the sector. Individuals who are fluently bilingual in English and French will have improved employment prospects.
In Ontario, the employment prospects for professional occupations in business services to management are expected to be good for the period 2012-2013. This is a fairly large and growing occupation in Ontario. At the time of the 2006 census, the labour force of this occupation was 30,000, having increased significantly (+ 33%) from the previous census count. This occupation experienced some growth even through the last economic downturn. Companies continue to analyze their operational practices through low and high business cycles.
Increased competition in the marketplace and constant changes in the business environment will generally drive employment growth in this occupation. Ongoing globalization has sharpened the need for businesses to streamline their operating structures. Individuals who have a graduate degree and considerable experience in their area of expertise will continue to be in high demand. Information technology is also playing a key role in business operations. Many employers are seeking individuals with a combination of skills in information technology and business administration, as well as knowledge of their business lines.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Granite Networks, an Ottawa-based data centre firm, has raised $2M in funding to be used to grow the company's client base and hire more sales staff in the near future
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- FedDev Ontario has invested $1.85M in four Ottawa area software companies. 360pi Corporation, SWIX Inc., Therapeutic Monitoring Systems and Capital Angel Network, are expected to create up to 44 jobs initially, with an additional 67 jobs by 2016.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Fusebill, an Ottawa-based automated billing firm, raised $2M in investments to increase the sales and marketing aspects of its business. The company plans to expand its workforce by the end of the year.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- DragonWave, an Ottawa based technology company, will eliminate one-third of its senior management positions as well as restructure a deal with Nokia Siemens Networks to cut operating costs
- Date Modified: