Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Securities agents and investment dealers buy and sell stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, banks, trust companies, insurance firms and other establishments. Brokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers. They are employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges and other establishments in the securities industry.
agent, securities, bond dealer, broker, commodity broker, discount broker, floor trader – commodity exchange, foreign exchange trader, investment dealer, mutual fund broker, mutual fund sales representative, registered investment representative, securities sales agent, securities trader, stockbroker, supervisor, registered representatives.
- Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
- Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
- Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
- Monitor clients' investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
- Buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers
- Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms, pension fund managers and financial analysts
- Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets
- Prepare reviews of portfolios' positions.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Wages for Securities Agents, Investment Dealers and Brokers in Ottawa Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||18.22||28.21||51.28||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||18.22||28.21||51.28||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Toronto Region||19.00||33.65||60.10||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: