Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Architecture and science managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific or statistical department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments as well as by architectural firms and scientific research companies.
architectural manager, chief actuary, director of architecture, director of research – forestry, director of research – manufacturing, director of research – mining, director, agricultural chemistry branch, landscape architecture manager, manager, life sciences program, manager, petroleum geology department, scientific research department manager, statistical service manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research and development laboratory or quality control department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the architectural, scientific and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the theoretical or applied scientific work of the department
- May consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present architectural or scientific research reports and findings.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Architecture and Science Managers in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- A new Walmart Supercentre will open January 2015 in Cornwall on Cumberland St., replacing the existing location on Brookdale Avenue
- Olymel, a processor and distributor of pork and poultry products, is looking to fill 40 production positions at its facility in Cornwall
- An Ultramar gas bar is expected to open in December in Prescott, creating 40 jobs. The location will feature a drive-through food service and two fast food restaurants.
- Springcress Properties plans to build a two-storey commercial condominium building on Prince of Wales Drive in Ottawa
- Construction is expected to start in May 2014 to replace the bridge over the Mississippi River on highway 511 in Lanark County. The $3.1M project is expected to be completed in October.
- Bass Pro Shops, a retailer of outdoor equipment and apparel, announced it will open a new store in Kanata in 2015. The location will include an Uncle Buck's Fishbowl and Grill restaurant and a bowling alley.
- Dundas Power Line Ltd., specializing in power line distribution maintenance based in Chesterville near Ottawa, expects to increase production and expand its workforce
- VENUS Cybersecurity Corporation, a non-profit organization aimed at addressing threats posed by cyberattacks, will open in Orleans, creating around 60 jobs once fully operational
- Primacy Family First Health Centre, located on Innes Road in Orleans, hired five new physicians
- The new Marriott Residence Inn Ottawa Airport has officially opened
- The $6.3M Ingredion Centre arena opened in Cardinal near Ottawa this week
- Atlas Block Co. Ltd., a manufacturer of concrete products based in Midland with locations in Brockville and Hillsdale has been placed into receivership, affecting nine of its 85 staff
- Date Modified: