Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the overall operations of goods production, utility, transportation and construction companies. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with other members of a board of directors.
chief executive officer (CEO) – manufacturing company, chief financial officer (CFO) – urban transit system, corporate controller, logging company, executive vice-president – railway, general manager, trucking company, president, residential construction company, publishing house general manager, regional vice-president, petroleum production company, vice-president, finance – mining company, vice-president, marketing – airline, vice-president, operations – electric power company, vice-president, sales – pulp and paper manufacturing.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement company policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in a particular product area.
Ottawa, Gloucester, Nepean, Brockville, Cornwall, Vanier, Carleton Place, Clarence-Rockland, Gananoque, Hawkesbury, Mississippi Mills, Perth, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Bourget, Buckham's Bay, Clarence, Constance Bay, Embrun, Hazeldean, Kars, Old Stittsville, Richmond, Rockland, Rockland East, Russell, South March, South March Station, Stittsville, St-Onge
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in Ottawa Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- A new Walmart Supercentre will open January 2015 in Cornwall on Cumberland St., replacing the existing location on Brookdale Avenue
- Olymel, a processor and distributor of pork and poultry products, is looking to fill 40 production positions at its facility in Cornwall
- An Ultramar gas bar is expected to open in December in Prescott, creating 40 jobs. The location will feature a drive-through food service and two fast food restaurants.
- Springcress Properties plans to build a two-storey commercial condominium building on Prince of Wales Drive in Ottawa
- Construction is expected to start in May 2014 to replace the bridge over the Mississippi River on highway 511 in Lanark County. The $3.1M project is expected to be completed in October.
- Bass Pro Shops, a retailer of outdoor equipment and apparel, announced it will open a new store in Kanata in 2015. The location will include an Uncle Buck's Fishbowl and Grill restaurant and a bowling alley.
- Dundas Power Line Ltd., specializing in power line distribution maintenance based in Chesterville near Ottawa, expects to increase production and expand its workforce
- VENUS Cybersecurity Corporation, a non-profit organization aimed at addressing threats posed by cyberattacks, will open in Orleans, creating around 60 jobs once fully operational
- Primacy Family First Health Centre, located on Innes Road in Orleans, hired five new physicians
- The new Marriott Residence Inn Ottawa Airport has officially opened
- The $6.3M Ingredion Centre arena opened in Cardinal near Ottawa this week
- Atlas Block Co. Ltd., a manufacturer of concrete products based in Midland with locations in Brockville and Hillsdale has been placed into receivership, affecting nine of its 85 staff
- Date Modified: