Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group carry out a variety of general labouring and routine wood processing activities and assist pulp mill and papermaking machine operators. They are employed by pulp and paper, and paper converting companies, sawmills, planing mills, wood treatment plants, waferboard plants and other wood processing companies.
beater operator helper – pulp and paper, chip bin attendant – wood processing, conveyor cleaner – pulp and paper, green wood chainman/woman – wood processing, grinder feeder – pulp and paper, labourer – pulp and paper, labourer – wood processing, lumber straightener – wood processing, plywood dryer feeder, sheeter helper – pulp and paper, utility man/woman – pulp and paper.
- Feed logs onto conveyor and into hopper of grinding machine and align logs manually, using crowbar, picaroon or other tools and equipment
- Load wood chips, pulpwood, sulphur and other processing materials onto conveyors or processing tanks, remove recyclable paper and pulp from pulp and papermaking machines and transport recyclable paper and pulp to plant processing machines and equipment using forklift or other powered equipment
- Sort, pile and transport lumber, veneer sheets, panelboards and similar wood products during various stages of wood processing, manually or with powered equipment
- Remove scrap lumber and wood chips for reprocessing using forklift or other powered equipment
- Feed conveyors, saws, drying machines and other equipment to process lumber, shingles, veneer, plywood and similar wood products
- Clean wood processing machines and equipment and work areas using shovels, hoses and other tools
- Assist other wood processing workers to operate, maintain and repair various machines and equipment and carry out other wood processing activities.
Wages for Labourers in Wood, Pulp and Paper Processing in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||10.25||15.85||26.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||11.00||13.50||17.35||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Northeast Region||13.00||21.00||24.49||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Northwest Region||14.00||24.00||26.56||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Toronto Region||10.50||14.00||19.65||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: