Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Inspectors and testers in this unit group inspect, grade, sample or test raw materials and products from mineral ore and metal processing operations. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
asbestos grader, brick and tile inspector, casting inspector, clay products grader, fibreglass tester, glass inspector, heat treating inspector, metal processing inspector, mineral sampler, molten metal sampler, sheet steel inspector, steel sheet inspector, steel tester.
- Inspect mineral ore, metal, cement, glass, clay or concrete products at various stages of processing to ensure adherence to specifications
- Grade and label raw materials or finished products according to size, thickness, composition or other classification standards
- Take samples of products during or after processing operation for routine analysis or for subsequent laboratory analysis
- Test product for strength, density, durability and conformity to specification
- Advise supervisor or process and machine operators of problems and product deficiencies
- Complete inspection and test reports.
Wages for Inspectors and Testers, Mineral and Metal Processing in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||13.64||20.00||29.00|
- Date Modified: