Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
blast furnace operator, central control caster, central control room operator, chief flotation operator, console operator – cement manufacturing, pelletizing control operator, roaster operator, rolling mill control operator.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Construction will begin in spring 2014 on the expansion of the Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre in Trenton
- A new Boston Pizza opened in Trenton, employing 65 staff
- HDT Expeditionary Systems Inc. was awarded a $3.5M contract to build deployable, climate-controlled shelters for the Canadian Armed Forces, creating eight new jobs in Belleville and a total of 23 across Ontario
- Hastings-Quinte Emergency Medical Services announced it will recruit 10 part-time paramedics
- Construction is expected to begin in spring 2014 on a water treatment plant in Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory and should be completed by the end of 2015
- Sigma Stretch Film of Canada Co., a manufacturer of stretch films located in Belleville, will receive funding to install a new production line, creating 10 new jobs and retaining 123 existing positions
- Construction is expected to start shortly on a new $7.4M fire hall in Belleville
- Construction started on a new ambulance station, located on Robertsville Road in the county of Frontenac and is expected to be completed in March 2014
- Benson Auto Parts received approval to build a new retail store in Petawawa, with construction expected to begin in spring 2014
- Date Modified: