Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors, mineral and metal processing, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Central Control and Process Operators, Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9231), <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Metal and Mineral Products Processing</i> (941) and <i>Labourers in Mineral and Metal Processing</i> (9611). They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
blast furnace foreman/woman, brick and tile foreman/woman, cement processing supervisor, coremaking foreman/woman, die casting supervisor, foreman/woman, lead refining, lime preparation foreman/woman, melting and roasting department supervisor, ore milling supervisor, roll shop operations coach – steel mill, shift co-ordinator, steel mill, supervisor, glass cutters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers engaged in the following duties: operating single or multi-function mineral and metal processing machinery and equipment; operating mouldmaking and coremaking machines or manually make moulds and cores; operating glass process control, forming and finishing machines; operating concrete, clay and stone forming and finishing machines; and operating cement process control and machines and equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with units
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Wages for Supervisors, Mineral and Metal Processing in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||20.07||28.00||35.00|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: