Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group carry out a variety of general labouring duties and operate equipment to assist in the drilling and servicing of oil and gas wells. This unit group also includes labourers who assist in geophysical prospecting for oil and gas. They are employed by drilling and well servicing contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
floorman/woman – oil and gas drilling, helper, wireline, labourer, oil field, leasehand, roughneck, roustabout, service rig helper, shakerhand, swamper – oil and gas, well treatment helper.
- Manipulate sections of pipe or drill stem at the rig floor during drilling and during the removal and replacement of strings of pipe or drill stem and drill bit
- Maintain drilling equipment on the drill floor
- Handle, sort and move drill tools, pipe, cement and other materials
- Clean up the rig area
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- May drive a truck to transport materials and well service equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Oil and Gas Drilling, Servicing and Related Labourers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
- Date Modified: