Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Oil and gas well drillers and well servicers control the operation of drilling and hoisting equipment on drilling and service rigs, and direct the activities of the rig crew under supervision of the rig manager. Oil and gas well loggers, testers and related workers operate specialized mechanical or electronic equipment, tools or instruments to provide services in conjunction with well drilling, completion or servicing. Workers in this unit group are employed by drilling and well service contractors, petroleum producing companies and well logging or testing companies.
assistant driller – oil and gas well drilling, directional drilling operator, downhole tool operator, drill stem tester, driller – oil and gas drilling, electric line operator, logging and perforating operator, service rig operator, slickline operator, well testing operator, wireline operator.
- Direct rig crew in setting up rigs and drilling, completing or servicing oil and gas exploration and producing wells
- Operate controls of drill or service rig drilling and hoisting machinery
- Train or arrange for training of crew
- Maintain records of drilling and servicing operations.
- Drive well service or wireline truck to well site
- Assemble and attach equipment, tools or recorders to drill stem or wireline to conduct required procedures and tests
- Operate or direct the operation of wireline or unit controls to lower, position and retrieve equipment and instruments
- Operate recorders and computers in mobile testing or logging unit to collect data
- May perform limited data interpretation.
Wages for Oil and Gas Well Drillers, Servicers, Testers and Related Workers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: