Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Textile machinery mechanics and repairers install, maintain, repair, overhaul and set up textile machinery such as looms, knitting machines, spinning frames and carding machines. They are employed by textile manufacturing companies.
card fixer, card grinder, fixer, textile machinery, knitting machine mechanic, loom fixer, loom technician, mechanic, textile machines, open-end technician, spinning fixer, textile fixer.
- Repair and overhaul electrical and mechanical systems on textile machinery
- Adjust and set up complex machinery for new patterns or products
- Perform maintenance such as cleaning and lubrication of textile machinery, and replace and align moving parts as required
- Recommend equipment changes or modifications and evaluate new equipment
- Troubleshoot, test run and verify machine for proper operation.
Wages for Textile Machinery Mechanics and Repairers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||18.11||22.98||28.04||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Ottawa Region||13.19||16.65||24.90||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Toronto Region||10.25||18.30||36.18||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: