There are 40 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machine fitters fit, assemble and otherwise build heavy industrial machinery and transportation equipment, including aircraft engines. They are employed in industrial machinery and transportation equipment manufacturing industries.
aircraft engine fitter, assembly fitter, heavy equipment fitter, machine builder, machine fitter, machine tool builder, mechanical fitter.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and diagrams to determine assembly operations
- Fit and assemble prefabricated metal parts to build heavy industrial machinery and equipment such as construction, farming, and processing machinery, railway vehicles and aircraft engines
- Move and align subassemblies and components using lifting and transporting devices such as overhead cranes
- Install major components such as gears, pumps, motors or hydraulic assemblies
- Inspect parts, subassemblies and finished products to ensure quality.
Jobs for Machine Fitters in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: