Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Travel counsellors advise clients on travel options and tour packages, make bookings and reservations, prepare tickets and receive payment. They are employed in travel agencies, transportation and tourism firms and hotel chains.
- Provide travel information to clients regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options and travel costs, and recommend suitable products
- Plan and organize vacation travel for individuals or groups
- Make transportation and accommodation reservations using computerized reservation and ticketing system
- Sell single fare tickets and package tours to clients
- Promote particular destinations, tour packages and other travel services
- Investigate new travel destinations, hotels and other facilities and attractions
- Provide travel tips regarding tourist attractions, foreign currency, customs, languages and travel safety.
Outlook & Prospects for Travel Counsellors in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 14 – May 18, 2012
- The new Online Support (OLS) call centre in Belleville will hire about 400 people by the end of 2012
Week of Apr 23 – Apr 27, 2012
- SP Data LLC to open a call centre in Trenton, creating jobs by the summer of 2012
- The Options 2012 Skilled Trade, Career and Job Fair is coming to the Pembroke Memorial Centre on May 9
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
- Date Modified: