Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions and other establishments. Cooks are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites. Apprentice cooks are included in this unit group.
apprentice cook, cook, dietary cook, first cook, grill cook, hospital cook, institutional cook, journeyman/woman cook, licensed cook, line cook, second cook, short order cook.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
- May hire and train kitchen staff
Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
Jobs for Cooks in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Job opportunities are updated daily.
There are 5 job postings in Kingston - Pembroke Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-12-17||Cook (Cook)||Antrim Truck Centre Ltd.||
|2013-12-12||Line cook||Calabogie Peaks ULC||
|2013-12-11||Ethnic food cook||Thai House Cuisine||
|2013-12-10||Cook (for Greek restaurant)||Greektown Grill and Takeout||
|2013-09-09||Cook, ethnic foods (Indian Cuisine)||Curry Original||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada's National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: