Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail and wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail and wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
appliance buyer, assistant buyer, buyer – retail, buyer – wholesale, chief buyer, clothing buyer, food buyer, merchandiser, produce buyer, taster and buyer, beverages.
- Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
- Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- Supervise the work of other retail buyers.
Retail and wholesale buyers may specialize in a particular merchandise line.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail and Wholesale Buyers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
- Date Modified: