Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer health care policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
consultant, drug and alcohol abuse, consultant, health care, consultant, mental health programs, health care planner, health promotion program officer, health services researcher, planning officer, child health care programs, policy development officer, nursing homes, research analyst, health policy.
- Assist in developing government health policy by reviewing relevant literature, conducting interviews, collecting and analysing statistical data, and providing advice to senior managers and officials on issues such as health promotion, regulation, standards and financing
- Design and implement health projects or programs
- Maintain, update and manage health information databases
- Compile and analyse statistical information provided by private and public health care institutions and organizations and produce reports
- Monitor and evaluate health care programs operated by government departments and agencies or private organizations
- Assess compliance with health standards and identify remedial action if necessary
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of health projects and programs
- Provide consulting services to clients in private establishments or government departments or agencies
- Respond to internal and external program and policy information requests
- Produce newsletters, magazines and other documents to provide information to association or organization members or the general public
- Present the views of an association or organization to politicians, government officials, the media or the general public.
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers may specialize in a particular area of health policy development, research or program administration such as addiction research.
Outlook & Prospects for Health Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Crate Marine Sales will open a new location at 25 Dundas St. in Belleville. The location will offer a variety of boats for sale, as well as service and dockage. In addition to the new storefront, area dockage is expected to expand significantly.
- Indigo Books in downtown Kingston will close on June 29 after the company decided not to renew its lease. The store employed over 20 full-time staff and several part-time staff.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- FedDev Ontario will invest up to $2.5M in Arnprio-based Pillar5 Pharma Inc. to help the company expand its manufacturing operations. The expansion is expected to create 50 jobs.
- The Kingston Economic Development Corporation launched a new website to help Kingston-based companies post job opportunities. The website address is www.kingstonishiring.com.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Do-All Construction of Petawawa has been awarded an $872,000 contract to perform phase 2 of the construction work on Herman street in Petawawa
- Universal Fan & Blower Ltd., a Bloomfield-based manufacturing company, has reopened after half of the factory was destroyed by fire last year
- Hinduja Global Solutions will hold a job fair at St. Lawrence College in Kingston on May 3rd and 4th in order to recruit for a new facility in Kingston. The company plans on opening three inbound call centres in Ontario this year.
- The Summer Company Program is now taking applications in Renfrew. The program, which is administered by Enterprise Renfrew, offers students aged 15-29 business training as well as up to $1,500 to establish a business.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: