Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer health care policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
consultant, drug and alcohol abuse, consultant, health care, consultant, mental health programs, health care planner, health promotion program officer, health services researcher, planning officer, child health care programs, policy development officer, nursing homes, research analyst, health policy.
- Assist in developing government health policy by reviewing relevant literature, conducting interviews, collecting and analysing statistical data, and providing advice to senior managers and officials on issues such as health promotion, regulation, standards and financing
- Design and implement health projects or programs
- Maintain, update and manage health information databases
- Compile and analyse statistical information provided by private and public health care institutions and organizations and produce reports
- Monitor and evaluate health care programs operated by government departments and agencies or private organizations
- Assess compliance with health standards and identify remedial action if necessary
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of health projects and programs
- Provide consulting services to clients in private establishments or government departments or agencies
- Respond to internal and external program and policy information requests
- Produce newsletters, magazines and other documents to provide information to association or organization members or the general public
- Present the views of an association or organization to politicians, government officials, the media or the general public.
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers may specialize in a particular area of health policy development, research or program administration such as addiction research.
Outlook & Prospects for Health Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Construction is set to start on Renfrew Power Generation's Thomas Low Generating Station in June. The project is set to cost $20M.
- A $9M project to replace 3.4km of sewer in Kingston has broken ground. Work on the project is being performed by LiquiForce Services.
- The Westbrook Sports Dome has resumed construction and is expected to be completed by August, while a turf field is expected to be installed by September
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- B.R. Fulton Construction of Renfrew has been awarded two contracts to rehabilitate County Road 24 in Renfrew and County Road 22 in Renfrew. The total value of the contracts is just over $1M
- Willis College is set to move into a space in the Winner's Circle Mall in Arnprior. The Eastern Ontario based college specializes in Business, Health and Technology.
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The LCBO will open two new stores in Prince Edward Country this year
- Ground has broken on the new Bancroft Family Health Team facility. The centre, which will be home to the existing staff and two new physicians, is scheduled to be finished by December 2013.
- The Highland Shores Children's Aid Society will eliminate up to 20 positions due to changes in funding from the provincial government. Layoffs are expected to affect management and frontline staff.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Designer Depot and Fairweathers/International Clothiers will be opening in the Pembroke Mall in 2013
- Date Modified: