Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Veterinary and animal health technologists and technicians provide technical support to veterinarians by caring for animals and assisting in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health disorders. They are employed in veterinary clinics, animal hospitals, animal shelters, humane societies, zoos, animal research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies and government.
animal health technologist, laboratory animal technician, veterinarian assistant, veterinary technician, veterinary technologist.
- Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Produce radiographs, collect samples and perform other laboratory tests to assist in diagnosis of animal health problems
- Assist veterinarian with animals before, during and following surgery, and by preparing surgical equipment, administering and monitoring anaesthetics and cleaning up after surgery
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of veterinarian
- Administer treatments as prescribed by a veterinarian
- Provide wound and bandage care
- Conduct specialized procedures such as animal identification and hoof trimming
- Counsel clients on animal health care including nutrition and home care
- Conduct and assist in laboratory research
- Perform routine animal dental procedures, and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
- May perform a variety of office management and clerical duties.
Wages for Veterinary and Animal Health Technologists and Technicians in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||11.50||17.00||23.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: