Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Deck officers, water transport, operate ships or self-propelled vessels to transport passengers and cargo on oceans and coastal and inland waters, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of deck crews. This unit group also includes Canadian Coast Guard deck officers. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
deck officer, ferryboat master, first mate, ship, maritime surface and sub-surface officer – military, master mariner, navigation officer, Coast Guard vessel, second mate, ship, ship pilot, ship's captain, ship's mate, third mate, ship, tugboat captain, watchkeeping officer, Coast Guard vessel.
- Command and operate ships or other self-propelled vessels, such as barges or oil rigs, to transport passengers and cargo
- Command and operate coast guard vessels to provide ice breaking and search and rescue services and to maintain control over ships operating in Canadian waters
- Board vessels at berth or from pilot boat to advise ships' captains on the course to steer for safe passage into and out of port, seaway or other waterway under pilotage authority
- Plan and execute safe navigational passage using navigational aids
- Determine geographical position using navigational instruments, maps and charts
- Guide vessels in rivers, canals, and other confined or hazardous waters and waterways
- Maintain vessel's navigational instruments and equipment
- Direct and oversee loading and unloading of cargo
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of deck crews
- Record vessel's progress, crew's activities, weather and sea conditions on ship's log.
Jobs for Deck Officers, Water Transport in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Kingston - Pembroke Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: