Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Non-destructive testers and inspectors operate radiographic, ultrasonic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and similar testing equipment to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. They are employed by quality control, maintenance and safety departments of manufacturing, processing, transportation, energy and other companies and by private industrial inspection establishments.
NDT (non-destructive testing) maintenance technician, acoustic emission technician, aircraft non-destructive inspection technician, eddy current technician, industrial radiographer, infrared thermographer, liquid penetrant inspector, magnetic particle inspector, non-destructive inspector, non-destructive tester, pressure vessel tester, radiographic technician – non-destructive testing, ultrasonic inspector, visual inspector – welding, weld inspector.
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using ultrasonic, radiographic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and other non-destructive testing methods
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Organize and report test results
- May perform specialized inspections using acoustic emission, vibration analysis, infrared thermography and laser shearography testing methods
- May instruct and supervise trainees.
Wages for Non-Destructive Testers and Inspectors in Kingston - Pembroke Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||17.52||24.88||35.53||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||17.52||26.00||37.21||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||17.77||28.05||40.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: