Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate departments responsible for corporate governance and regulatory compliance, records management, security services, admissions and other administrative services not elsewhere classified. Also included in this unit group are managers responsible for departments involved in two or more of the following activities: finance, human resources, purchasing, computer systems or administrative services. Managers in this unit group are employed throughout the public and private sector.
business manager – non-profit organization, chief, administrative services, inventory control manager, manager, administrative services, manager, security, manager, support services, records administrator, regional administrative manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a department providing a single administrative service or several administrative services
- Direct and advise staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within establishment
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
- Prepare reports and briefs for management committees evaluating administrative services
- Interview, hire and oversee training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Administrative Services Managers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Crate Marine Sales will open a new location at 25 Dundas St. in Belleville. The location will offer a variety of boats for sale, as well as service and dockage. In addition to the new storefront, area dockage is expected to expand significantly.
- Indigo Books in downtown Kingston will close on June 29 after the company decided not to renew its lease. The store employed over 20 full-time staff and several part-time staff.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- FedDev Ontario will invest up to $2.5M in Arnprio-based Pillar5 Pharma Inc. to help the company expand its manufacturing operations. The expansion is expected to create 50 jobs.
- The Kingston Economic Development Corporation launched a new website to help Kingston-based companies post job opportunities. The website address is www.kingstonishiring.com.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Do-All Construction of Petawawa has been awarded an $872,000 contract to perform phase 2 of the construction work on Herman street in Petawawa
- Universal Fan & Blower Ltd., a Bloomfield-based manufacturing company, has reopened after half of the factory was destroyed by fire last year
- Hinduja Global Solutions will hold a job fair at St. Lawrence College in Kingston on May 3rd and 4th in order to recruit for a new facility in Kingston. The company plans on opening three inbound call centres in Ontario this year.
- The Summer Company Program is now taking applications in Renfrew. The program, which is administered by Enterprise Renfrew, offers students aged 15-29 business training as well as up to $1,500 to establish a business.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: