Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate departments responsible for corporate governance and regulatory compliance, records management, security services, admissions and other administrative services not elsewhere classified. Also included in this unit group are managers responsible for departments involved in two or more of the following activities: finance, human resources, purchasing, computer systems or administrative services. Managers in this unit group are employed throughout the public and private sector.
business manager – non-profit organization, chief, administrative services, inventory control manager, manager, administrative services, manager, security, manager, support services, records administrator, regional administrative manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a department providing a single administrative service or several administrative services
- Direct and advise staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within establishment
- Plan, administer and control budgets for contracts, equipment and supplies
- Prepare reports and briefs for management committees evaluating administrative services
- Interview, hire and oversee training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Administrative Services Managers in Kingston - Pembroke Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- A new Boston Pizza opened in Trenton, employing 65 staff
- HDT Expeditionary Systems Inc. was awarded a $3.5M contract to build deployable, climate-controlled shelters for the Canadian Armed Forces, creating eight new jobs in Belleville and a total of 23 across Ontario
- Hastings-Quinte Emergency Medical Services announced it will recruit 10 part-time paramedics
- Construction is expected to begin in spring 2014 on a water treatment plant in Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory and should be completed by the end of 2015
- Sigma Stretch Film of Canada Co., a manufacturer of stretch films located in Belleville, will receive funding to install a new production line, creating 10 new jobs and retaining 123 existing positions
- Construction is expected to start shortly on a new $7.4M fire hall in Belleville
- Construction started on a new ambulance station, located on Robertsville Road in the county of Frontenac and is expected to be completed in March 2014
- Benson Auto Parts received approval to build a new retail store in Petawawa, with construction expected to begin in spring 2014
- Work is expected to begin early next year on a $1.9M reconstruction project of Deseronto Road in Hastings County
- Date Modified: