Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair and service a wide variety of products, such as cameras, scales, musical instruments, coin machines, vending machines, sporting goods and other miscellaneous products and equipment. They are employed by product specialty repair shops and service establishments.
bicycle repairer, camera repairer, meter repairer, piano repairer, scale repairer, sewing machine servicer – domestic, sporting goods repairer, vending machine repairer.
- Inspect products to determine the requirement for repair
- Repair or replace defective or worn out parts and components using hand, power or specially designed tools
- Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning
- Perform routine maintenance
- May calibrate products using hand tools.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Repairers and Servicers in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Dalcon Enterprises has been awarded a contract to make improvements to infrastructure on Highway 11 near Beardmore, creating about 40 jobs this spring
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Resolute Forest Products announced a two-week shutdown at their newsprint mill in Thunder Bay, affecting more than 100 workers. The company cites market conditions for the downtime.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Facca Incorporated was awarded a $4.4M contract to replace the Bug River Bridge on Highway 105 near Red Lake. Construction, which is expected to begin in the spring, will create approximately 40 jobs.
- Date Modified: